Back from Paris, I decided to share an itinerary for those of us on business trip to Paris, having only 1 day for this marvellous city.
- Arrival - Try to organize your flight so that You land at the Orly Airport
- Accommodation - I can recommend the hotel which we also stayed, the Hotel Daguerre. It is located in the lovely Daguerre street, a 10-minute-walk from the end station of the Orly Bus. In the street, even from the hotel room, You can access the "THOMSON" wireless network, which is free to use
- You can have a joyful breakfast in the street, in any of the cafes
- To start the sightseeing, walk back to the Orly's, to Denfert-Rocherau, and take the metro to station Concorde (line 6 to Montparnasse Bienvenüe, then line 12). It's worth upstairing the Triomph, to have a great outlook to both the historical and the modern city
- Have a walk on the Avenue des Champs Elysées, across the Jardin des Tuileries, straight to the Musée du Louvre. The Champs Elysées prmoises a great corso, the Tuileries is a great place to have some break, while the Louvre contains everything You might be interested in. You should study the list of exhibitions before your visit, otherwise You might get confused of the incredible rich gallery
- To have something to eat, look up the Latin district
That's it in a nutshell. Of course, if You have several days, You can check much more sights in Paris. Have a look at my page with pictures taken during our 4-day-long stay